Blackrock Apple Homebrew Cider 1.65 Kg Kit
A sparkling cider with a superb refreshing taste and light golden colour. Harvested from premium pip fruit orchards to produce the taste and clarity demanded by the homebrewer.
IngredientsApple juice concentrate
New Zealand Artesian Water
Premium Dry Brewing Yeast Sachet (under the lid)
Typical Analysis: NA (Colour), unhopped (Bitterness)
Colour and Ebu
Colour and Ebu
- Thoroughly clean and sterilise all equipment.
- Remove the plastic cap and the yeast enclosed under the cap and put to one side.
- Stand both cans in hot water for 10 minutes to soften contents.
- Dissolve contents of this can and 1.7kg of Black Rock Ultra-Light in two litres of hot water in your fermenter. Then add 17 litres of cold water and mix thoroughly.
- Add approximately 2.5 litres of either cold or hot water so as to give a final temperature of between and 18 and 26 deg C. Around 20 deg C is ideal. Final volume 23 litres.
- Sprinkle yeast over liquid surface and place the lid on the fermenter with the airlock in place (half fill the airlock with cooled boiled water).
- Keep the brew at a consistent temperature between 18-26 deg C, ideally around 20 deg C, until specific gravity reaches approximately 1014.
- Fermentation will be complete in approximately 10 days. When the hydrometer reading remains constant for 24 hours the brew is ready for bottling.
- Bottling – Sterilise bottles and place one rounded teaspoon of sucrose (normal table sugar) per 750ml bottle and fill to within 50mm of the top. Do not bottle unless hydrometer readings remain constant.
- Seal and store in an upright position for a minimum of 4 weeks. The beer may be consumed after a minimum of 4 weeks but will continue to improve with age for up to 6 months.