Another first from us . . . wine making without a syphon.
Free upgrade 30 litre prinary fermenter should be selected for wines that have a vigorous primary fermentation.
Syphoning is messy, prone to infection, very difficult to control, and usually moves sediment and introduces air into your wine. All very bad for the wine.
Here's the problem: some wine making techniques (and wine ingredient kits) require racking to be performed twice, and others require racking three times or more. So, if your wine making equipment has fermenters, or a fermenter and carboys, it can be hard to figure out which vessel the wine will be in at bottling time. And you need a syphon to move it from one vessel to another.
And the solution: bottle filling technology coupled with taps and tubing installed on both fermenters.
Wine is moved from one to the other by simply attaching a tube (supplied) to the tap in one fermenter, placing the other end of the tube in the other fermenter,and opening the tap. This is much easier than using a syphon, is much more controllable, and introduces little or no air and sediment into your wine.
When wine is ready for bottling (in either fermenter), just attach the bottle filling stick and fill the bottles, again minimising air contact.
This boxed starter kit contains:
- 2 by graduated 25 litre fermenters and lids, each fitted with:
- bubbler airlock and bung, and
- a tap that fits the tube and is compatible with the bottle filling stick
- bottle filling stick
- 1.75 M PVC tubing,
- 2 by large liquid crystal thermometers (you don;t have to open the fermenters to take a temperature reading, and the large LCD thermometers are easy to read)
- Stevenson Reeves hydrometer
- quality glass trial jar
- stirring paddle
- twin lever metal wine corker
- 25 quality no soak corks
- 100g VWP cleaner/sterilizer
Does not come with a wine ingredients kit, so you will have to buy one separately.