Making your own rum pot,
Is easy and not bound by a strict recipe. All kinds of fruit can be processed. The most commonly used are: strawberries, cherries, raspberry and blackberries, currants, abricots and peaches, plums, grapes, pears, apples and pineapple. There are a few basic rules you need to take into account:
- Only use clean, washed and leaked fruit.
- Sprinkle 250 g of sugar per 500 g of fruit over your chosen fruit and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Use rum or a neutral alcohol of at least 50 % vol. and make sure to keep a 2 cm high layer of alcohol above the fruit. Use a small dish to keep the fruit under.
- Close the rum pot with plastic foil to avoid alcohol evaporation and loss of aroma.
- Your rum pot is ready 3 months after you added the last layer of fruit. Cheers!